- replaced small output shaft bearing in transmission. With a NRB (Indian licensed NGK) 6304 C3 bearing
- replaced output seal with the "old style" green seal.
- re-shimmed all the shafts
- replaced spring in rear brake
- replaced missing rubber dampers in rear brake
- replaced missing plastic plugs in wheel
- cleaned and oiled air filter
- checked rear shock (spring is broken), bearings and sleeves need replacing
- replaced rear shock and complete unit (with 110nm spring), including sleeves and bearings.
- welded exhaust bracket (again)
- cleaned in-line fuel filter
- straightened handlebars (still not straight!!)
- removed transmission and checked output seal = ok.
- tightened bolts in transmission housing
- replaced lower accessory socket which had a short
- greased driveshaft. No play = good.
- changed cylinder gasket and o-rings on both sides
- adjusted valves
- changed exhaust gaskets
- Changed oil & filter (20w40)
- fixed box frame right side, cut re-welded with a short extension as well as triangular braces. Now it clears the swingarm with no problem
- Changed gear oil 90w (transmission & final drive)
- re-torqued heads
- updated rubber gaskets on box frame
- re-set valves
- cleaned carbs, and changed o-rings and needle
- installed new triple-tree (top/bottom)
- installed new fork tubes
- replaced lower fork bridge
- new fork oil both sides
- installed new handlebar
- replaced bracket and screw for centerstand bashplate
- replaced missing screws in headlight bracket
- replaced headlight bulb
- replaced lower left transmission bolt (head was stripped)
- replaced two spokes in front wheel
- replaced bearing in clutch lever (frozen)
- replaced missing screws/spacer in fairing
- replaced bolt in fork (to let out oil) with a slightly larger one as the threads in the fork are stripped
- mounted left hand grip with 2 pop rivets.
- straightened both front forks
- straightened wheel shaft
- straightened lower and upper fork brace (lower tripple tree)
- new brake pads (front)
- new steering head bearing (Toyo)
- replaced two missing bolts in the front fender
- adjusted valves
- cleaned carb bowls
- tightened steering head nut
|20.09.2006||276032||- replaced broken clutch cable|
- changed oil, 15w40 (2lt)
- changed transmission/final drive oil, 80w90
- changed left fork seal
- installed new rear brake pads and a new spring
- repacked steering head bearings and re-torqued
|02.09.2006||272677||- added .5lt oil (still .5 liters low!!)|
- new front tire, Metzeler Enduro 3
- new rear tire, Mentzeler Enduro 3
- fixed centerstand bash plate, which had schered a bolt.
- inserted a wedge into right side box frame to try and keep the frame from hitting the swingarm.
- cleaned/oiled air filter
- cleaned carb float bowls
- adjusted idle settings
- removed and inspected rear shock. Lower connection had some play, but spacer and bearing seemed ok. Re-lubed and put it back together.
- re-welded broken frame (down tube), strengthened front and back
- welded box frame (again), right side
|05.08.2006||267066||- installed new front tire, Continental Twinduro (TKC 80)|
- re-welded broken frame (down tube)
- re-welded box frame (right side)
- seat bracket broke
- replaced lost screw for stone guard with zip tie.
- tightened bolts in the box frame 3 of which were pretty loose.
- welded broken box frame, right side
- welded muffler support bracket
- added .5 lt oil (15w40)
- replaced light relay
- found a broken muffler support bracket (used wire to temporarily hold it in place)
|26.07.2006||263811||- welded broken frame down tube (right side)|
- changed shift lever output shaft seal
- changed oil, 15w40
- changed all the gear oil, 80w90
- checked and cleaned carb floats
- lubricated shift lever
- checked battery fluid leve (one cell a little low)
- lubricated starter switch
- changed fork seal, left fork (again)
- fixed broken headlight adjustment screws with zip ties!
- checked problem with headlight highbeam, bad connection at the headlight
- Lubricated electrical connectors (relays and misc)
- adjusted clutch play
- adjusted the left control switch position on the handlebar
- moved left blinker cable position, as it was being crushed by handlebars when turned
- retorqued steering head bearing
- 1lt oil
- checked tranny oil = ok
|02.07.2006||259266||- Installed new rear tire (Continental Twinduro, TKC 80)|
- put on a new shift lever rubber cover
- put on a new bump stop on center stand
- Replaced left front fork gasket, it has been leaking pretty bad since Egypt.
- Tire pressure checked
- Adjusted valves
- re-torqued right cylinder (it was leaking a little oil at the block)
- checked the carb bowls
- tightened carb connectors
- oil change, 2lt 20w50
- changed oil filter
- changed gear oil, tranny and final drive
|26.04.2006||251850||- New rear tube (metzeler), after fixing a flat|
|20.04.2006||250399||- Added a liter of oil|
|17.03.2006||245415||- Replaced front tire, Metzler Enduro I, 300 / 21|
|15.03.2006||245366||- Replaced the sidestand "extension" which we put on her bike in Australia, so that she can extend the sidestand easier, it had broken off somewhere in France.|
- Replaced, battery and diode board.
The battery held no charge and the system was putting out 16/17v, tried replacing the regulator but that didn't solve the problem. (see FAQ under question 17)
- changed engine oil (20w50)
- changed gear oil rear drive and transmission (80w90)
- 1lt transmission oil.
- 2lt engine oil
- adjusted valves
- tightened the center stand bolts on the right side.
- Left side valves required no adjustment.
- Cleaned (shook out) the air filter and re-oiled it.
- Checked the carb bowls for dust and dirt. Everything ok.
- Cleaned the accessory socket top / bottom.
- Replaced the contacts top / bottom.
- Bottom accessory socket, has a bad ground contact, tried direct wire, but no luck, will need to replace the socket.
- checked tires
- replaced “pilot” light
- checked carb bowls
- checked front brake pads
- Adjusted handlebars up a little
- checked rear shock
- Changed engine oil (20w50)
- Changed transmission oil (1lt)
- Changed final drive oil.
- Lubricated, locks, gps mount, gas cap lock, ignition lock.
- adjusted valves
- replaced 3x valve adjustment screws
- checked center stand screws
steering head bearing.
- Added 1lt. Oil (still a little low)
- New Rear tire (Metzeler Tourance)
- Fixed left rear blinker (contact rusted)
| - 1lt Transmission oil
- Installed re-built Ohlins- Plugged transmission breather hole with JB weld
- Installed new (used) front forks- New fork oil
- Replaced lower fender brace (used)
- Replaced lower fork brace (used)
- Replaced steering head bearings
- Fixed luggage frame
- Replaced side cover (used)
- Replace front wheel bearing
- Installed new light/horn switch
- Installed new handlebars
- Installed new left front mirror
- Installed new front brake pads
- Installed new windshield (used)
- Oil = 100%
All Material is ©2010 by Khim Rojas and Fernweh Adventures